Looking for an advanced engraving / cutting system?
Do you already have a 3D printer or CNC machine?
Order a 3.5 watt laser add-on for your 3D printer or CNC machine.
It takes only 15-30 minutes to install it.
Use the same software to create a g-code for engraving / cutting.
Use the same slicers you always use: Cura, Repetier, Slic3r, Simplify3D or CNC software like: Mach3, etc.
To prepare a g-code use an the Endurance plugins or the T2Laser software.
Would you like to turn your 3D printer or CNC machine into an ultimate laser engraving or cutting machine?
In 2015 Endurance invented a way to convert your 3D printer or CNC router into a cutting or engraving machine with an Endurance diode laser add-on. The Endurance laser is the best upgrade for your existing 3D printer or CNC. Add to your 3D printing machine and ultimate ability to cut and engrave.
With a 3.5 watt Endurance diode laser you can engrave faster and cut deeper such materials as plywood, wood, acrylic, cardboard, hardboard, felt, leather, plastic (ABS, PLA) and many more.
The 3.5 watt (3500 mW) diode laser is a powerful and advanced laser to upgrade your 3D printer or CNC router with and is able to create beautiful engravings and laser cuts. It is very easy to install and does not require any special knowledge. It can be installed on almost any 3D printer or CNC mill. If you have any issues during installation or operation, we are always available to lend a hand. We provide an ultimate customer and after-sales support!
With our laser, you can engrave and cut a variety of materials such as
- plywood / wood
- PLA / ABS
- felt / fabric / fiber cloth / leather
- paper / cardboard
- hardboard / MDF
- painted aluminium
- and some others
Laser Optical Power Output
3500mW ± 15%
2-10 cm (variable) for 3 element lens | 2-10 mm (variable) for G2 lens
3 element long focal lens / G2 short focal lens
Tested 48-72 hours continuous
9-16V DC (step-down DC/DC converter available upon request)
Active air blowing
Minimum Laser Pixel (spot) Size
0.1 mm (100 uM)
Additional wire TTL/PWM control (3.5-12V)
Laser Dimensions (W x L x H)
40 x 95 x 40 mm (1.5 x 3.75 x 1.5)''
150 g (1/3’’ lbs)
10 000 hours
Is not required
About laser driver & laser control board
Laser driver is one of the most important component in the laser module. Laser driver controls the voltage and the current that goes to the laser diode itself. It is important so that the laser driver sets and keeps the voltage and the current stable. It keeps the laser diode safe.
We add Zener diode as an additional laser diode protection.
TTL wire / wires are also added to the laser driver. With TTL you may change laser power (duty ratio).
For 3.5 watt laser we make our own custom based laser drivers.
All Endurance drivers / laser control boards are very reliable and been tested before shipment.
Everything that you need to know about Endurance accessories.
- always wear red or green goggles when you operate the laser. Remember Endurance lasers are class 4 item and must never be aimed in any live specie.
- G2 lens
- short focal lens with focal range 2-10 mm (1/10 - 2/5’’) a necessary accessory for laser cutting or laser engraving on metals.
- Endurance MO1 PCB
- an electronic board that allows feed the laser from external power supply (needed when your main board does not have enough power output)
- Laser connectors
- variety of a different wires and connectors that will be useful when you plug the laser to your board.
- Laser mounts
- aluminum mounts that will help you to hook the laser to you machine. 4 types with M3 screws: L, П, I, T.
- Laser actuator
- a Z axis actuator that will help to change laser position on Z axis. Is a good option for XY plotters with no Z-axis mechanism.
- AC/DC 12V5A
- an additional power supply for Endurance lasers.
- AC/DC 12V1A
- an additional power supply for 10 watt laser fans.
- Step down DC/DC converter
- a DC/DC converter that decreases the voltage down to required 12V for Endurance lasers.
- Endurance laser box
- is a nice gadget (add-on) for your laser module to measure incoming voltage, outcoming voltage and current on a laser diode, laser driver module, Endurance MO1 PCB, temperature sensor and Arduino board for changing laser power.
- Arduino board with an Endurance sketch
- allows changing laser power (duty ratio) and a frequency of the laser. Can change the laser into impulsive mode.
- Temperature sensor
- additional temperature sensor for monitoring of a laser temperature.
- additional voltmeter for measuring incoming voltage.
- Voltmeter & ammeter
- additional voltmeter & ammeter for measuring outcoming voltage and current that goes to the laser diode.
- DIY checking pin kit
- a full it that will help you to check pins on your board, laser power, etc.
- Air pump
- laser addition that allows blowing the air to the place of laser cutting / laser engraving. Increases speed of a laser cutting up to 50% and reduce charring.
- TEC module
- Peltier cooling system for better laser cooling (increases power up to 10%).
The 3.5 watt (3500 MW) diode laser is very easy to install on almost any 3D printer or CNC machine using compatible mounts for the Prusa i3, X-Carve, Creality3D CR - 10, Wanhao Duplicator i3, Ultimaker, RepRap, Magnum, Prism, Makerbot Cube, Picasso, Hercules, SolidDoodle, Original Prusa i3 MK2, BCN3D SIGMA, Form 2, PowerSpec 3D Pro, ORD Bot Hadron, Zortrax M200, Kossel, FlashForge Creator Pro, CEL Robox, FDM and others. If you have a printer not listed, please contact us and we will make a custom mount for you.
Our lasers are very easy to operate using standard software and run on the existing 9-16 Volts of your printer or router.
In order to create a laser engraving or a laser cut with our 3.5 watt laser all you need to do is put the piece you want to cut or engrave onto the worktop. Just convert a jpeg image into a vector image and then convert it into g-code. Use software like T2 laser or InkScape + plugins to create a g-code you need. Start the machine and enjoy watching it do its job. If you have any questions we will be happy to assist you any time. Just contact us via email or on our Facebook page.
A 3.5 watt laser can cut up to 3-4mm of wood and plywood.
The laser does not work
Please, check the power adapter’s (voltage & current) performance. Connect the TTL wire to the 12V+ to test if the laser is working. It should work full power. Watch this video.
The laser works full power but the laser power cannot be changed
Please check the g-code parameters (S / L) used for the pin to change the power. Either your PWM does not change the duty ratio or the contact of any of the laser connectors (if you run without TTL) is broken. Check with the voltmeter and ammeter if the voltage on this pin changes. Watch a video about TTL signal. Arduino with TTL.
I did everything as described but the laser does not work
We need to see a detailed photo and video of what you have done to help you with further steps.
Sometimes 13N10 or LM338 die and need to be replaced. We will guide you how to do that.
Endurance MO1 PCB does not work
The Endurance MO1 PCB is a quite a simple circuit and works pretty stable, however, there is a simple way to check it out. (described on this page + video guidance)
How do I find a proper pin to connect the laser?
We provide an ultimate guidance and tutorials. The laser is usually connected to the fan output on 3D printers or spindle output on CNC machines or can be connected to any other pin that is controllable, such as: D11 on the Arduino Nano. Detailed pinouts you may find here.
The laser lost its power.
The probability that this might happen is 5%. It might happen due to overheating. Avoid the laser diode and laser control board overheating. Check the temperature of the heatsink or laser driver. They must not be VERY hot (if you can touch these elements and hold on – it means that the temperature is less than 70C). If the temperature rises too high we can guide you how to reduce the voltage going to the laser diode and causing the loss of power.
I am trying to cut 3-5mm plywood using the laser, however I still did not manage to cut it with a single pass. Please assist
0. use a G-2 lens for laser cutting.
1. setup a perfect focus on a G-2 lens (make sure that focal range is something like 4-8 mm)
2. make sure that a plywood is very dry (you may use a 3D printer bed to warm it up)
3. speed parameters should be 50-150 in your g-code
4. make sure that the plywood is not specially treated with anti-inflammable materials
5. make sure that the laser runs full power and you have enough power that goes to the laser
6. make sure that the lens is clean and has no dust on it.
You may cut and engrave using this diode laser
(5-25 passes to cut)
|Wood / Plywood
(painted and anodized)
Our customer support rating
About the product
The Endurance 3.5 watt (3500 mW) diode laser. A solid-state laser attachment (accessory) for your 3D printer or CNC machine (router). The 3.5 watt (3500 mW) diode laser is a powerful and advanced laser to upgrade your 3D printer or CNC router with and is able to create beautiful engravings and laser cuts. You can use it to work with such materials as plywood, wood, acrylic, PLA / ABS, felt, hardboard, stone, glass, leather.
3.5 watt laser supports 9 – 16 volts. To operate 24 volts you need an additional step down “buck” converter (available when you place an order). Learn more about useful accessories.
Laser cut and laser engraving pictures
New design of 2.1W (2100 mW) and 3.5W (3500 mW) Endurance lasers (released in Sep 2017)
Laser cutting and laser engraving for home and for business.
Advantages of Endurance lasers
Multi-level testing system.
The guaranteed duration of the continuous operation ~48-72 hours.
True continuous power output
Our products have the rated power output as advertised – unlike Chinese analogues.
Can be turned on and off with 3.5-12V.
Variable power output.
Universal and compatible mount.
Compatible with most 3D printers and CNC machines.
Do not like the laser?
Simply return within 14 days and get a full refund.
Laser attachments and laser engraving (marking) machines.
Why do our customers buy lasers and engraving machines from Endurance?
We assist and give advice by phone / email / messenger / telegram / whatsapp / viber.
We help to install and tune the laser. We offer qualified after-sales support.
We ship everything you need in one parcel to get started.
We ship all units within 4-24 hours.
All our lasers are tested and could work up to 10000 hours.
Do you have an old model? Upgrade your unit with more powerful one.
Compatible 3D Printers and CNC Machines
Learn more about compatible 3D printers / XY plotters and CNC machine
Our customers experience
The entire thing is cut from 3mm – 3.4mm plywood using your endurance 3.5 watt Laser, it was a good project and I am actually really happy with how it turned out.
Video about cutting process form Kane
Was done by Greg N Glenda Sandidge
What goes in the box?
Everything you need we will be in your parcel.
Why do our customers buy lasers and engraving machines from us?
- Assistance in choosing the right laser or engraving machine. We help qualify customer needs by phone / email / facebook messenger / telegram / whatsapp / viber. Our contact information
- We provide qualified after-sales service.
- A 3.5 watt laser is ready to go. No soldering required.
- Delivery time from 24 hours. All systems built to order.
- Lifetime warranty.
- We provide with video tutorials and guidance.
Laser engraving for yourself and for your business.
Advantages of our lasers
- Assembled in Russia and USA.
- Reliable. The guaranteed duration of the continuous operation is 48-72 hours.
- The true continuous power output as advertised as opposed to many Chinese analogues.
- A 3.5 watt laser can cut wood / plywood, MDF, balsa, felt, fabric, acrylic, leather.
- A 3.5 watt laser can engrave on leather, acrylic, plastic, plywood, wood, glass, stone.
Why our customers buy lasers and engraving machines from Endurance
All Endurance lasers have the truly advertised rated power output and can work continuously for more than 48 hours!.
Checked and proved by Lamet and Endurance own researches.
Do you want to see the test results of the continuous laser power of Endurance lasers?
Please leave your email and we will send you a report shortly!
Promo video for a 3.5 watt diode laser
A promo video for the 3.5W (3500 mW) diode laser
A 3.5 watt laser first launch
You may do this with a 3.5W (3500 mW) diode laser
Nylon laser cutting with a 3.5 watt laser
Wooden blocks engraving with 3.5 watt laser
Wood engraving using a 3.5 watt laser
Laser cutting of aluminum foil
More guidance and tutorials:
Metal etching with a 3.5 watt Endurance laser
The installation process of a laser to WanHao i3
Everything you need to know about our lasers
Setting up of the laser focus
Preparing a g-code for laser cutting / engraving
Running of the CNCC Laseraxe software
Got a question?
Samples of engraving and cutting
Can you make something better?
Share with us your samples or…
Technological advantages of the Endurance lasers
- Stylish industrial design using light aluminum.
- Effective cooling system with a custom developed heatsink.
- True constant power output checked every time before shipment.
- Very efficient and reliable laser control board.
- Compatible mounts with most 3D printer & CNC machines.
- Adjustable laser power via TTL.
- Preset and tested laser focus.
- Additional protection of the laser diode.
Add an accessory for your laser
- Air pump Hailea ACO-318 for cleaner cutting and engraving (less charring).
- Arduino board for changing a duty ratio (laser power) and frequency (periods of on/off position).
- TEC cooling system for better laser cooling (increases power up to 10%).
- Additional metal mounts (easier to hook and mount).
- Additional laser connectors (all compatible mounts for the main board).
- Temperature sensor to control the laser temperature.
- Wi-Fi camera to monitor the laser operation remotely.
- Voltmeter + ammeter to monitor the laser power consumption in a real time.
- Additional step-down “buck” DC/DC converter to run 2.1W, 3.5W, 5.6W, 8W, 8.5W lasers from 24V pin.
- The Endurance MO1 PCB to feed the laser from an external power source.
- G2 (short focal) lens for better and faster laser cutting and metal engraving.
Endurance provides the best tech support for our customers.
1. Prompt responses explaining about how to connect the laser to your 3D printer/CNC machine or XY plotter (Whatsapp, Viber, Telegram, Facebook messenger, Twitter, Skype, E-mail).
2. Detailed guidance to prepare a G-code for laser cutting/laser engraving (video playlist).
3. Friendly and dedicated Endurance facebook community.
4. Immediate troubleshooting. Remote help with measurements and necessary tests (video call + TeamViewer).
5. Lifetime warranty on all Endurance lasers.
Keywords: solid-state laser, diode laser, 3D printer, СNC machine, plywood, аcrylic, PLA / ABS, felt, hardboard, stone, glass, tool, accessory, add-on, improment, 3d printer, cnc mill.
Key concepts: upgrading, creating, engraving, cutting, diode laser, solid state, 3d printer upgrade, cnc machine improvement.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know, post your question here:
Ask your question