Today we made a few experiments with different paints to see if the laser engraving result will improve.
We used a dark anodized aluminum plate, which we covered with different paints before laser engraving.
3D printer: ANET A8
Lens: G2 (short focal)
Laser type: 10 watt+
Material: anodized aluminum plates covered with various types of paint:
- acrylic paint – was not much better than it was before.
- paint Marie-oil colour did not appear to become better with focal range 10mm (key parameters S255, F50).
- paint Craters also did not look exactly how we wanted to be with focal range 10mm (key parameters S255, F50).
- with a focal range of 10mm (key parameters S255, F50) the result was worse than when you do without any paint.
- without paint looks better than with any paint.