Laser beam focusing
Best selling models
8W (8000 mW) solid-state diode laser.
- Cuts up to 10 mm (0.4") of wood and acrylic.
- Cuts up to 8 mm (0.3") of plywood.
- Engraves on stone, aluminum, glass, PCB.
Get 10% off before 31-th of May. Use promo code "EnduranceMayDiscount" when you place an order.
5.6W (5600 mW) Endurance DIY engraving machine
- Portable 20 * 20 cm solid-state laser engraving machine.
- Very easy to operate.
- Excellent solution for makers, hobbyists and workshops.
Get 5% off and free shipment before 5-th of June. Use promo code "EnduranceMayDiscount" when you place an order.
L-Cheapo laser, like any other diode laser, has a focusing lens. This lens makes it possible to focus a laser beam right down to 1 cm. Below, we describe how to focus the laser beam in the inner coordinates of a 3D printer to a precision of a few mm. In addition to a computer, 3D printer and L-Cheapo laser, you will need a piece of plywood fitting the size of the printer table, clips to fix the plywood to the printer table, and a ruler.
We need to burn a straight line on a flat working surface evenly changing the height of the laser head above the surface along z axis. For a working surface we use a piece of plywood 200х200 мм in size and 4 mm thick. At the end of the burn process we take measures with a ruler.
- For the burn program we define the range of the head movements along the axes. The range should not exceed the size of the plywood piece. For our 3D printer with an L-Cheapo laser Xmin= 0; Xmax= 200; Ymin = 77; Ymax= 200; Zmin= 0; Zmax= 140. In G Code these parameters are as follows: «…G1 X0 Y77 Z0….G1 X170 Y200 Z140…».
- Observing the safety procedures, we start the burn program. Here are our codes:
M107 ; Turn off fan
G1 X0 Y77 Z0
M106 ;TurnONfan (our laser is installed in place of the extruder ventilator)
G1 X170 Y200 Z140;
M107 ; Turn off fan
- Then we take two measurements:
- the length of the burn line L0;
- the length between the beginning of the burn line and the point of the min. thickness of the burn line L1, estimated by eye to an approximation of 1-2 mm. The burn line looks exactly like the in-line profile of the laser beam: in the middle (focus center) the beam is thin and getting wider at the ends. This effect results from changing of the laser head lift (from Zmin to Zmax ) during the burn process, while the working surface remains at the same level.
- To determine ZF coordinate of the laser focus we make a ratio:
- And find the sought-for laser beam focus ZF=89/203*140=61 mm.
Lasers and engravers made by Endurance.
Why do our customers buy lasers and engraving machines from us?+ Ability to choose the right laser or engraving machine. We help to qualify customer needs by phone / email / facebook messenger / telegram / whatsapp / viber.
+ We provide qualified after-sales service.
+ Our lasers and engraving machines are fully assembled and ready to go.
+ Delivery time from 24 hours. All systems built to order.
+ Lifetime warranty.
+ We provide with video tutorials and guidance.
Laser engraving for yourself and for your business.
Advantages of our lasers+ Assembled in the USA.
+ Reliable. The guaranteed duration of continuous operation is 48 hours.
+ True continuous power output as advertised - unlike many Chinese analogues.
+ All our lasers cut plywood, felt, fabric, acrylic, leather.
+ All our lasers can engrave on leather, acrylic, plastic, plywood, wood.
+ Lasers with an output of 5.6W, 8W can engrave on anodized and painted aluminum, glass, or stone.