Do you need a powerful cutting / engraving instrument?
Do you own a 3D printer or CNC router?
Try our 5.6 watt laser, install it on your 3D printer or CNC machine.
A 5.6 watt laser is a plug-and-play device.
Does not require any soldering or complicated wiring.
Would you like to turn your 3D printer into an ultimate laser engraving or cutting machine? Endurance has invented a way to convert your 3D printer or CNC router into a cutting or engraving machine with an Endurance diode laser. The Endurance laser is the best upgrade for your current 3D printer / CNC router. An ultimate tool for your CNC machine and a 3D printer that converts it into laser cutting / engraving / etching / welding machine.
With a 5.6 watt Endurance diode laser you can engrave faster and cut deeper into materials such as: plywood, wood, acrylic, cardboard, hardboard, felt, leather, plastic (ABS, PLA), and more.
The 5.6 watt (5600 mW) diode laser is one of the most powerful and advanced laser to upgrade your 3D printer or CNC router with and is able to create beautiful engravings and laser cuts. It is very easy to install and does not require any special knowledge. It can be installed on almost any 3D printer or CNC mill. If you have any issues during installation or operation, we are always available for help and assistance.
With our laser, you can engrave and cut a variety of materials such as:
- plywood / wood
- MDF / balsa
- PLA / ABS
- felt / fabric
- paper / cardboard
- anodized and painted aluminium
- and more
Everything that you need to know about Endurance accessories.
- always wear red or green goggles when you operate the laser. Remember Endurance lasers are class 4 item and must never be aimed in any live specie.
- G2 lens
- short focal lens with focal range 2-10 mm (1/10 - 2/5’’) a necessary accessory for laser cutting or laser engraving on metals.
- Endurance MO1 PCB
- an electronic board that allows feed the laser from external power supply (needed when your main board does not have enough power output)
- Laser connectors
- variety of a different wires and connectors that will be useful when you plug the laser to your board.
- Laser mounts
- aluminum mounts that will help you to hook the laser to you machine. 4 types with M3 screws: L, П, I, T.
- Laser actuator
- a Z axis actuator that will help to change laser position on Z axis. Is a good option for XY plotters with no Z-axis mechanism.
- AC/DC 12V5A
- an additional power supply for Endurance lasers.
- AC/DC 12V1A
- an additional power supply for 10 watt laser fans.
- Step down DC/DC converter
- a DC/DC converter that decreases the voltage down to required 12V for Endurance lasers.
- Endurance laser box
- is a nice gadget (add-on) for your laser module to measure incoming voltage, outcoming voltage and current on a laser diode, laser driver module, Endurance MO1 PCB, temperature sensor and Arduino board for changing laser power.
- Arduino board with an Endurance sketch
- allows changing laser power (duty ratio) and a frequency of the laser. Can change the laser into impulsive mode.
- Temperature sensor
- additional temperature sensor for monitoring of a laser temperature.
- additional voltmeter for measuring incoming voltage.
- Voltmeter & ammeter
- additional voltmeter & ammeter for measuring outcoming voltage and current that goes to the laser diode.
- DIY checking pin kit
- a full it that will help you to check pins on your board, laser power, etc.
- Air pump
- laser addition that allows blowing the air to the place of laser cutting / laser engraving. Increases speed of a laser cutting up to 50% and reduce charring.
- TEC module
- Peltier cooling system for better laser cooling (increases power up to 10%).
The 5.6 watt (5600 mW) diode laser is very easy to install on almost any 3D printer using compatible mounts for the Prusa i3, X-carve, Creality3D CR - 10, Wanhao Duplicator i3, Ultimaker, RepRap, Magnum, Prism, Makerbot Cube, Picasso, Hercules, SolidDoodle, Original Prusa i3 MK2, BCN3D SIGMA, Form 2, PowerSpec 3D Pro, ORD Bot Hadron, Zortrax M200, Kossel, FlashForge Creator Pro, CEL Robox, FDM and others. If you have a printer not listed, please contact us and we will organise a mount for you.
Our lasers are very easy to operate using standard software and run on the existing 9-16V of your printer or router.
In order to create a laser engraving or a laser cut with our 5.6 watt laser all you need to do is put the piece you want to cut or engrave onto the work top. Just convert a jpeg image into a vector image and then convert it into gcode. Start the machine and enjoy watching it do its job. If you have any questions we will be happy to assist you any time. Just contact us via email or on our Facebook page.
A 5.6 watt laser can cut up to 3-6 mm (1/4'') of wood and plywood (with multi passes and sometimes require additional blowout).
Getting started tour
fantastic lazer excellent after sales
fantastic lazer excellent after sales service
Sometimes 13N10 or LM338 die and need to be replaced. We will guide you how to do that.
You may cut and engrave using this diode laser
(5-25 passes to cut)
|Wood / Plywood||5-8 mm||+|
(painted and anodized)
Speed and amount of passes are really depends on material, color and even humidity.
Laser cut and laser engraving pictures
New designs of the 5.6W (5600 mW) and 8W (8000 mW) Endurance lasers (released in Sep 2017)
Laser cutting and laser engraving for home and for business.
Advantages of Endurance lasers
High quality standard
Multi-level testing system.
The guaranteed duration of the continuous operation ~48-72 hours.
True continuous power output
Our products have the rated power output as advertised – unlike Chinese analogues.
Can be turned on and off with 0-12V.
Variable power output.
Plug and play
Universal and compatible mount.
Compatible with most 3D printers and CNC machines.
Friendly return policy
Do not like the laser?
Simply return within 14 days and get a full refund.
Laser attachments and laser engraving (marking) machines.
Why do our customers buy lasers and engraving machines from Endurance?
We assist and give advice by phone / email / messenger / telegram / whatsapp / viber.
We help to install and tune the laser. We offer qualified after-sales support.
Everything you need
We ship everything you need in the parcel to get started.
We ship all units within 4-24 hours.
All our lasers are tested and could work up to 10000 hours.
Do you have an old model? Upgrade your unit with more powerful one.
Compatible 3D Printers and CNC Machines
All Endurance lasers have true advertised and rated power output and can work continuously for more than 48 hours!.
Do you want to see test results of the continuous laser power of Endurance lasers?
Please leave your email and we will send you a report shortly!
Promo video for 5.6W (5600 mW) diode laser
More guidance and tutorials:
Endurance 5.6 watt (5600 mW) Semiconductor (diode) Laser Operation
We’d like to tell you about possibilities, which a 5.6 watt laser opens.
5.6 watt laser appearance
Can be mounted to almost any 3D printer or CNC mill.
Its main difference from 2.1 watt and 3.5 watt is inside. It has a more efficient cooling system and a more powerful solid-state diode. We use high quality NICHIA diodes with 445 nm wavelength. Another difference is the current strength demand. It draws 3 – 4 amps, while a 2.1 watt (2100 mW) and a 3.5 watt (3500 mW) lasers need only 1.7 – 2 amps with the same voltage of 9-16 volts.
Our tests showed that the laser is able to work 48-72 hours non-stop or perhaps even more.
Spotlights of the 5.6 watt laser
The 5.6 watt laser easily cuts plywood and acrylic 3-5 mm (0,1-0,2″) thick, and it even cuts plywood 8 mm (1/3″) thick with many passes (requires Z axes for that).
This fact is remarkable because a СО2 laser needs to have more than 60-80 W to cut plywood this thick.
The ability to cut 8 mm plywood and 5 mm acrylic allows solving a lot of customers’ practical tasks.
It should be mentioned that the same materials in different environmental conditions (temperature, humidity, etc.) might require different parameters of cutting. The color and transparency of the material matter.
The table below shows the tested materials and cutting parameters of the 5.6 watt diode laser.
It should be specified that these data are approximate, as there are many varieties of material.
Parameters for laser cutting using 5.6 watt Endurance laser.
Regular long focal lens with focal range 2-10 cm (1-4’’)
|2 mm (1/12’’)||3000||10|
|3 mm (1/8’’)||8000||30|
|4 mm (1/6’’)||500||10|
Short focal lens G2 with focal range 5 mm (1/5’’)
|2 mm (1/12’’)||3000||8|
|3 mm (1/8’’)||1400||10|
|4 mm (1/6’’)||500||10|
|5 mm (1/5’’)||550||20|
Laser cuts are made using 5.6 watt (5600 mW) Endurance laser
We used a few kinds of three-ply. Though all ply samples looked absolutely the same we obtained different results.
You can not just cut plywood, wood and acrylic with the 5.6 watt laser but you can also make work pieces for bread boards (on copper-plated glass fiber plastic) and for aluminum engraving.
The laser fits not just for cutting but for engraving as well. We wrote about it in our early articles.
Lasers are compatible with any CNC machines, plotters and 3D printers and are easy to install.
Samples of engraving and cutting
Can you make something better?
Share with us your samples or…
If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know, post your question here:
Ask your question
Leave your feedback now