First live demo of FAP800-30W. Endurance is test Coherent FAP800-30W for potential application as an attachment for 3D printers and CNC machines.
Today we made a fist live demo of FAP800-30W Coherent High-Brightness Fiber-Coupled diode laser module
We are still working on a few things:
1. Laser focusing. We need to get a spot size 100-200 uM (0.1-0.2 mm). Still looking for a nice lens.
2. Laser cooling system. We are working on a system that will cool the enture module. Right now it generates ~50 Watt of heat so we need quite adavanced heatsink for that. Maybe will add TEC cooling.
3. Laser mount. The existing module can not be mounted to 3D printer and CNC machine so we need to make hole and addional connectors so that the laser can be mounted to a 3D printer chassis.
4. Laser driver. FAP800-30W requires 2V and 40A stabilized current that means that we need pretty powerful power source. Right now we connect 2 step down DC/DC converters and have sepparate power supply for each of them.
5. TTL. We will need to add special TTL so that the laser would have adjustable power.
Live video demo of FAP800-30W Coherent laser with small explosion
So, if you got excited, please leave your feedback!