The first live demo of a FAP800-30W. Endurance is testing a Coherent FAP800-30W for potential application as an attachment for 3D printers and CNC machines.
Today we made a fist live demo of a FAP800-30W Coherent High-Brightness Fiber-Coupled diode laser module
We are still working on a few things:
1. Laser focusing. We need to get a spot of 100-200 uM (0.1-0.2 mm) in size. Still looking for a nice lens.
2. Laser cooling system. We are working on a system that will cool off the entire module. Right now it generates ~50 Watt of heat so we need quite an advanced heatsink for that. Maybe will add TEC cooling.
3. Laser mount. The existing module can not be mounted on a 3D printer or CNC machine so we need to make a hole and additional connectors to fix the laser to a 3D printer chassis.
4. Laser driver. A FAP800-30W requires 2V and 40A stabilized current that is, we need a pretty powerful power source. Right now we connect two DC/DC step down converters and have a separate power supply for each of them.
5. TTL. We will need to add a special TTL so that the laser would have adjustable power.
Live video demo of FAP800-30W Coherent laser with small explosion
So, if you got excited, please leave your feedback!