Quite often we get questions about TTL.
How does TTL works, how should it be connected, what voltage needed to control TTL, what to do if you want to control the laser intensity but you do not have a PWM on your board, etc?
Here we are going to highlight the key things.
1. Endurance lasers support TTL+ with the voltage control in the range of 0 – 12V. It means that any voltage in this range will activate the MOSFET and the laser will work. The voltage value does not effect the laser power – it only effects the duration of the signal. For example, TTL will activate the laser at any voltage in this range, at any duty ratio, without changing the laser power.
2. If you do not have a PWM on your board and you want to control the laser – some boards can have different voltage on a power output, for example your power output can be 0-12V with 5A current, in this case just connect the TTL wire to the 12V+ and use your existing power output to control the laser. For example, the output of 2V and 5A will activate 10% of the max laser power, while the output of 12V and 5A will activate 100% of the laser power. This method of the laser control is supported on such 3D printers as Anet A8.
3. The TTL should be connected to your PWM output or the 12V+ power input. It means that it will be either controlled by the PWM signal or run full power when there is power (voltage) on the power pin slot.
4. If you do not have a PWM output but your board is compatible with an Arduino Nano then you may use the D11 output pin as a PWM to control the TTL.
5. On most CNC machines a spindle output or spindle speed output can be used to control the laser power by way of changing the impulse duration or by changing the voltage on the output slot.
Endurance lasers are tuned individually and the true power consumption can vary from 12V 2Amps up to 7-8Amps.
Thus, a 10 watt laser is tuned for 5.1V and 5-5.5amps – goes directly to the diode.
DC/DC while decreasing and stabilizing the current and the voltage requires good power adapters.
Everything you need to know about TTL signal
Measuring voltage on a PWM output
Live demo showing a drawing of a signal on a oscillograph.
Laser attachments and laser engraving (marking) machines.
Why do our customers buy lasers and engraving machines from Endurance?
We assist and give advice by phone / email / messenger / telegram / whatsapp / viber.
We help to install and tune the laser. We offer qualified after-sales support.
Everything you need
We ship everything you need in one parcel to get started.
We ship all units within 4-24 hours.
All our lasers are tested and could work up to 10000 hours.
Do you have an old model? Upgrade your unit with more powerful one.
Laser cutting and laser engraving for home and for business.
Advantages of Endurance lasers
Multi-level testing system.
The guaranteed duration of the continuous operation ~48-72 hours.
True continuous power output
Our products have the rated power output as advertised – unlike Chinese analogues.
Can be turned on and off with 3.5-12V.
Variable power output.
Plug and play
Universal and compatible mount.
Compatible with most 3D printers and CNC machines.
Friendly return policy
Do not like the laser?
Simply return within 14 days and get a full refund.