This weekend I read some articles and watched a few video about X-ray laser.
This one is very good video explaining the principle of the X-ray laser.
What I understand is that:
1. You need hot plasma (probably 1-10M K) with active gas, more likely mercury, cesium or something similar.
2. You need very well focused and powerful initial laser beam. Probably with a wavelength 400-450 nm and with impulse power of 1-2kW
3. X-ray spectrum detector and interferometer to measure if X-ray appeared after the laser beam have hit the plasma.
There are several unknow parameters to run the experiment:
1. What plasma do you need?
2. What plasma temperature should be?
3. What laser beam do you need: wavelength, power and beam size?
It is uknown at the end
1. If new reemitted X-rays will be coherent?
2. If new reemitted X-rays will be monochromatic?
3. If new reemitted X-rays will focused or have low divergence?
That is just a beginning…