Laser attachments and laser engraving (marking) machines.
Why do our customers buy lasers and engraving machines from Endurance?
We assist and give advice by phone / email / messenger / telegram / whatsapp / viber.
We help to install and tune the laser. We offer qualified after-sales support.
Everything you need
We ship everything you need in one parcel to get started.
We ship all units within 4-24 hours.
All our lasers are tested and could work up to 10000 hours.
Do you have an old model? Upgrade your unit with more powerful one.
Laser etching process on aluminum using diode laser
We are often asked the same question, and whether it is possible to make an engraving with a laser L-Cheapo on metal, such as aluminum. Is it even possible to make engraving on metal in the home?
Today, we will answer this question.
In fact, it is fairly common in domestic metal, suitable for engraving. Many products, such as key chains, sticks, some mobile body and flash cards are made of aluminum.
So, what do we know about aluminum? This metal has a melting temperature of about 600 degrees Celsius, has high thermal conductivity and having, typically on its surface a layer of aluminum oxide has a melting temperature greater than 1000 degrees Celsius. This significantly complicates the process of engraving by heat treatment, but there is another option. Aluminum – a good conductor, and if so, then the process of electrolysis has not been canceled. Here it is the same decision, which we describe.
This process is called aluminum etching.
This is no big deal. We only need a current source of 9-12 volts.
As well as ordinary salt (NaCl), the capacity of the dielectric (plastic is fine), nail or any iron object suitable shape and size, water.
And, of course, the laser!
So what and how do we do?
- Prepare bitmap, which would be applied to the aluminum surface of the plate.
For example, here is this:
2. Cover the aluminum plate surface with a protective film (adhesive tape, paint, paint on the selection).
3. Place the aluminum plate on the top of 3D-printers equipped with our (2.1W or 3.5W) laser, and include laser cutting mode (to remove the tape and pasted to create open areas in the future site of the engraving).
4. Next, in the plastic container, we prepare a concentrated aqueous solution of NaCl.
5. From the source of electric current terminal 2 wire “plus” and “minus”.
6. To connect the positive terminal with our aluminum plate and also to omit the salt solution.
7. Power on
8. Starting the electrolysis process (etching) in solution. Depending on the strength of the current and the concentration of the solution can estimate the approximate time necessary for etching. Usually 3-5 minutes.
9. We take the product out of the solution.
It must be remembered that the engraved product before being placed in the solution should carefully isolate the exception of those areas where, in fact, engraving is to be applied.
This process can be carried out both at home and in a small workshop.
With this technology, anyone can become a master of engraving on metal (aluminum).
In our opinion, this technology has great practical value.
Engraving with Endurance – it’s easy!
This content is locked
Share This Page To Unlock The Content!
Laser cutting and laser engraving for home and for business.
Advantages of Endurance lasers
Multi-level testing system.
The guaranteed duration of the continuous operation ~48-72 hours.
True continuous power output
Our products have the rated power output as advertised – unlike Chinese analogues.
Can be turned on and off with 3.5-12V.
Variable power output.
Plug and play
Universal and compatible mount.
Compatible with most 3D printers and CNC machines.
Friendly return policy
Do not like the laser?
Simply return within 14 days and get a full refund.