Our customer support rating
Do you like a DIY stuff?
Do you have a 3D printer or CNC router?
Do you want to build you own laser module?
Get an Endurance laser kit and assemble your own (custom) laser module – a 3D printer and CNC add-on.
Endurance provides customers with an ultimate tech support,
full guidance and tutorials telling how to make and tune your own laser module.
Assemble. Install. Enjoy & Have Fun.
What laser do you want to build?
Endurance laser module kits.
Make your own laser and save more.
Advantages and what do you need to build your laser
- Compatible with the most 3D printers and CNC mills.
- Can be assembled within 2-8 hours.
- The guaranteed duration of the non-stop operation is 48-72 hours.
- Has a TTL for the PWM output.
- Additional useful accessories available Endurance.
- All Endurance lasers cut wood, plywood, plastic, felt, fabric, acrylic, leather.
- High quality and reliable components.
- All Endurance lasers can engrave on leather, acrylic, plastic, plywood, wood.
- Lasers with an output of 5.6 watt, 8 watt can engrave on anodized and painted aluminum, glass and stone.
- Lasers with an output of 8.5 watt+ and 10 watt can engrave on stainless steel, copper, brass.
Lasers support 9 – 16 volts range. To operate 24 volts requires step down “buck” converter (available when you place an order).
To make your own diode laser you have to be good at:
- Electronics and soldering.
To make your own laser you will need:
- A soldering iron.
- A screwdriver and a plier.
- Multimeter: voltmeter + ammeter.
|What do you need?||2.1 / 3.5 / 5.6 / 8 / 8.5 watt||10 watt|
|Required soldering skills||Advanced||Intermediate|
|Required electronics skills||Intermediate||Beginner|
|Necessary equipment||Soldering iron, voltmeter, ammeter, screwdriver & pliers|
|3D printer||not needed||3D print a laser control board|
Endurance provides with a full tech guidance of how to make a laser yourself.
Additional video guidance, text and photo tutorials are available upon request.
It will take you no more than 8 hours to assemble your own laser.
(Some of our ultra – experienced customers managed to do having spent just 60 minutes only.)ne
Compatible 3D Printers and CNC Machines
What goes in the package for 2.1 watt / 3.5 watt / 5.6 watt / 8 watt / 8.5 watt laser kits:
|1||Copper plated PCB||1|
|2||Laser module housing||1|
|3||Resistors 2.7 Ohm||10|
|9||Laser diode in a copper module||1|
|14||M3 – 25||2|
|15||M3 – 16||4|
|16||M3 – 10||1|
|19||Blow-off casing (for 8.5 watt)||1|
Everything you need we will put in the parcel.
Keep in mind that to assemble a 2.1 watt, 3.5 watt, 5.6 watt, 8 & 8.5 watt laser module you need to be an advanced user in wiring, soldering.
What goes in the package for 10 watt laser kit:
|1||Special DC/DC converter||1|
|2||Laser module housing||1|
|3||Endurance MO1 PCB components||1|
|4||Laser diode in a copper module||1|
|7||Laser wires||2 pair|
|8||Fans (50 x 50 mm)||5|
|10||Button (2 postion switch)||1|
It is important that to assemble a 10 watt laser module you need to be an intermediate user of soldering iron and electronics. However to build you own 10 watt laser it is much easier than to build other laser.
In addition you may get an additional accessories while placing an order, including:
Those accessories are very useful.
- always wear red or green goggles when you operate the laser. Remember Endurance lasers are class 4 item and must never be aimed in any live specie.
- G2 lens
- short focal lens with focal range 2-10 mm (1/10 – 2/5’’) a necessary accessory for laser cutting or laser engraving on metals.
- Endurance MO1 PCB
- an electronic board that allows feed the laser from external power supply (needed when your main board does not have enough power output)
- Laser connectors
- variety of a different wires and connectors that will be useful when you plug the laser to your board.
- Laser mounts
- aluminum mounts that will help you to hook the laser to you machine. 4 types with M3 screws: L, П, I, T.
- Laser actuator
- a Z axis actuator that will help to change laser position on Z axis. Is a good option for XY plotters with no Z-axis mechanism.
- AC/DC 12V5A
- an additional power supply for Endurance lasers.
- AC/DC 12V1A
- an additional power supply for 10 watt laser fans.
- Step down DC/DC converter
- a DC/DC converter that decreases the voltage down to required 12V for Endurance lasers.
- Endurance laser box
- is a nice gadget (add-on) for your laser module to measure incoming voltage, outcoming voltage and current on a laser diode, laser driver module, Endurance MO1 PCB, temperature sensor and Arduino board for changing laser power.
- Arduino board with an Endurance sketch
- allows changing laser power (duty ratio) and a frequency of the laser. Can change the laser into impulsive mode.
- Temperature sensor
- additional temperature sensor for monitoring of a laser temperature.
- additional voltmeter for measuring incoming voltage.
- Voltmeter & ammeter
- additional voltmeter & ammeter for measuring outcoming voltage and current that goes to the laser diode.
- DIY checking pin kit
- a full it that will help you to check pins on your board, laser power, etc.
- Air pump
- laser addition that allows blowing the air to the place of laser cutting / laser engraving. Increases speed of a laser cutting up to 50% and reduce charring.
- TEC module
- Peltier cooling system for better laser cooling (increases power up to 10%).
Making your own semiconductor laser is easier that you think!
Disassembled => Assembled
Schematic (wiring diagram)
Open-source laser schematic
For 2.1W (2100 mW) / 3.5W (3500 mW) / 5.6W (5600 mW ) / 8W (8000 mW) / 8.5W+ (8500 mW) lasers
Guide book of a laser assembling process 5.6 watt diode laser (pdf). (Good for 2.1 w, 3.5 w, 8 w, 8.5w lasers too)
For 10W (10000 mW) laser
Full photo and video guidance of how to assemble 8.5 watt+ Endurance laser
Good for 2.1 watt, 3.5 watt, 5.6 watt, 8 watt lasers.
Print out a fan casing for 8 watt & 8.5 watt lasers. Download an STL file from our download page.
8.5 watt laser power consumption measurement
Laser power consumption for 3.5 watt / 5.6 watt / 8.5 watt / 10 watt lasers
Full photo and video guidance of how to assemble 10 watt Endurance laser
After you placed an order you may print out your laser control board. Download an STL file from our download page.
Setting up a voltage and a current consumption for 10 watt laser
Be careful while you do setting up voltage and current consuption for your laser diode.
Do not use unathorized power supplies for that. If you want to test a laser diode, follow this video guidance.
Overvoltage will burn your laser diode. Never setup more than 5.5V
10 watt laser is the easiest unit to build.
Always wear protective goggles when you work with a laser
Our customers make and show!
Order a laser kit now.
Get a special laser box kit
Files to download
Got a question?
Endurance laser kit (laserbot tool) offers a powerful laser attachment for your 3D printer or CNC machine with guaranteed duration of the non-stop operation is 48-72 hours. Lasers with an output of 5.6 watt, 8 watt can engrave on anodized and painted aluminum, glass and stone. Lasers with an output of 8.5 watt+ and 10 watt can engrave on stainless steel, copper, brass. The price starts from 145$.
Keywords: laser kit, non-stop operation, watt, painted aluminum, glass and stone, stainless steel, copper, brass, price.
Key concepts: engraving laser, long-duration work, do it yourself, laserbot, laser upgrade, make your own laser.