Our customer support rating
Do you like a DIY stuff?
Do you have a 3D printer or CNC router?
Do you want to build you own laser module?
Get an Endurance laser kit and assemble your own (custom) laser module – a 3D printer and CNC add-on.
Endurance provides customers with an ultimate tech support,
full guidance and tutorials telling how to make and tune your own laser module.
Assemble. Install. Enjoy & Have Fun.
What laser do you want to build?
Endurance laser module kits.
Make your own laser and save more.
Advantages and what you need to build your laser
- Compatible with the most 3D printers and CNC mills.
- Can be assembled within 2-8 hours.
- The guaranteed duration of the non-stop operation is 48-72 hours.
- Has a TTL for the PWM output.
- Additional useful accessories available Endurance.
- All Endurance lasers cut wood, plywood, plastic, felt, fabric, acrylic, leather.
- High quality and reliable components.
- All Endurance lasers can engrave on leather, acrylic, plastic, plywood, wood.
- Lasers with an output of 5.6 watt, 8 watt can engrave on anodized and painted aluminum, glass and stone.
- Lasers with an output of 8.5 watt+ and 10 watt can engrave on stainless steel, copper, brass.
Lasers support 9 – 16 volts range. To operate 24 volts requires step down “buck” converter (available when you place an order).
To make your own diode laser you have to be good at:
- Electronics and soldering.
To make your own laser you will need:
- A soldering iron.
- A screwdriver and a plies.
- A multimeter: a voltmeter + an ammeter.
|What do you need?||2.1 / 3.5 / 5.6 / 8 / 8.5 watt||10 watt|
|Required soldering skills||Advanced||Intermediate|
|Required electronics skills||Intermediate||Beginner|
|Necessary equipment||Soldering iron, voltmeter, ammeter, screwdriver & pliers|
|3D printer||not needed||3D print a laser control board|
Endurance provides with a full tech guidance of how to make a laser yourself.
An additional video guidance, text and photo tutorials are available upon request.
It will take you no more than 8 hours to assemble your own laser.
(Some of our ultra – experienced customers managed to do it having spent just 60 minutes only.)ne
We’ll send you everything you need in one parcel.
Compatible 3D Printers and CNC Machines
What goes in the package for 2.1 watt / 3.5 watt / 5.6 watt / 8 watt / 8.5 watt laser kits:
|1||Copper plated PCB||1|
|2||Laser module housing||1|
|3||Resistors 2.7 Ohm||10|
|9||Laser diode in a copper module||1|
|14||M3 – 25||2|
|15||M3 – 16||4|
|16||M3 – 10||1|
|19||Blow-off casing (for 8.5 watt)||1|
Everything you need we will put in the parcel.
Keep in mind that to assemble a 2.1 watt, 3.5 watt, 5.6 watt, 8 & 8.5 watt laser module you need to be an advanced user in wiring, soldering.
What goes in the package for a 10 watt laser kit:
|1||Special DC/DC converter (step-down)||1|
|2||Laser module housing||1|
|3||Endurance MO1 PCB components (Power Transistor IRFZ44N, Set of 4 resistors for Endurance MO1 PCB, PC817 Optocoupler||1|
|4||Laser diode in a copper module||1|
|7||Laser wires||2 pair|
|8||Fans (50 x 50 mm)||5|
|10||Button (2 postion switch)||1|
To assemble a 10 watt laser module you need to be an intermediate user of soldering iron and electronics. However, to build your own 10 watt laser it is much easier than to build other lasers.
In addition you may get an additional accessories while placing an order, including:
Those accessories are very useful.
- always wear red or green goggles when you operate the laser. Remember Endurance lasers are class 4 items and you must never aim them at any living being.
- A G2 lens
- a short focal lens with a focal range of 2-10 mm (1/10 – 2/5’’) is a necessary accessory for metal laser cutting and engraving.
- An Endurance MO1 PCB
- an electronic board to feed the laser from an external power supply (needed when your main board power output is not enough.)
- Laser connectors
- a variety of different wires and connectors to connect the laser to your board.
- Laser mounts
- aluminum mounts to hook the laser to you machine. 4 types with M3 screws: L, П, I, T
- A laser actuator
- a Z axis actuator to change the laser position on the Z axis. A good option for XY plotters with no Z-axis mechanism.
- AC/DC 12V 5A
- an additional power supply for Endurance lasers.
- AC/DC 12V 1A
- an additional power supply for 10 watt laser fans.
- A step down DC/DC converter
- a DC/DC converter to decrease the voltage down to the required 12V for Endurance lasers.
- An endurance laser box
- a nice gadget (add-on) for your laser module to measure the incoming voltage, outgoing coming voltage and current on the laser diode, laser driver module, Endurance MO1 PCB, temperature sensor and Arduino board for changing the laser power.
- An Arduino board with an Endurance sketch
- to change the laser power (duty ratio) and the frequency of the laser. Can put the laser into the impulsive mode.
- A temperature sensor
- an additional temperature sensor to monitor the laser temperature.
- additional voltmeter for measuring incoming voltage.
- A voltmeter & an ammeter
- an additional voltmeter & ammeter to measure the outgoing voltage and current that goes to the laser diode.
- An air pump
- a laser addition to blow on the work piece of laser cutting / laser engraving. Increases the laser cutting speed up to 50% and reduces charring.
- A TEC module
- A Peltier cooling system for better laser cooling (increases the power up to 10%).
Making your own semiconductor laser is easier that you think!
Disassembled => Assembled
Laser assembling process
Schematic (wiring diagram)
Open-source laser schematic
For 2.1W (2100 mW) / 3.5W (3500 mW) / 5.6W (5600 mW ) / 8W (8000 mW) / 8.5W+ (8500 mW) lasers
For a 10W (10000 mW) laser
A full photo and video guide to assembling of an 8.5 watt+ Endurance laser
Good for 2.1 watt, 3.5 watt, 5.6 watt, 8 watt lasers.
A video guide
Print out a fan casing for 8 watt & 8.5 watt lasers. Download an STL file from our download page.
8.5 watt laser power consumption measurement
Laser power consumption for 3.5 watt / 5.6 watt / 8.5 watt / 10 watt lasers
A full photo and video guide to assembling of a 10 watt Endurance laser
After you placed an order you may print out your laser control board. Download an STL file from our download page.
Setting up of the voltage and current consumption for a 10 watt laser
Be careful when you set up the voltage and current consumption for your laser diode.
Do not use unauthorized power supplies for that. If you want to test a laser diode follow this video guidance.
Overvoltage will damage your laser diode. Never set up the voltage over 5.5V
10 watt laser is the easiest unit to build.
Always wear protective goggles when you work with a laser
Our customers make and show!
Order a laser kit now.
Get a special laser box kit
Files to download
Got a question?
Special warranty for an Endurance DIY laser kit
An Endurance laser kit (a laserbot tool) offers a powerful laser attachment for your 3D printer or CNC machine with the guaranteed non-stop operation time of 48-72 hours. Lasers with an output of 5.6 watt, 8 watt can engrave on anodized and painted aluminum, glass and stone. Lasers with an output of 8.5 watt+ and 10 watt can engrave on stainless steel, copper, brass.
The price starts from 145$.
Keywords: laser kit, non-stop operation, watt, painted aluminum, glass and stone, stainless steel, copper, brass, price.
Key concepts: engraving laser, long-duration work, do it yourself, laserbot, laser upgrade, make your own laser.